The Schwinn 120 Upright Exercise Bike is an indoor exercise bike that’s perfect for those who want to skip on the monthly gym fees and would rather work out at home.
It’s currently priced at $244 on Amazon, and has garnered an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
The Schwinn 120 Upright Exercise Bike comes with a 13.2-pound flywheel, adjustable handlebars, contact heart rate monitor, 12 fitness programs, and 16 resistance levels to maintain workout intensity.
Many recommend the Schwinn 120 Upright Exercise Bike because of its space-saving design and ease of transport, weighing only 73 pounds and with transport wheels at the bottom.
The bike measures 36.5 x 20.5 x 51.5 inches in length, width, and height, and has a maximum user weight capacity of 275 pounds.
Schwinn offers a warranty of 5 years for the frame, 3 months on wear parts, and one year for parts and electronics.
1. A lot of users reported that assembly was easy, with all the needed parts included and the easily understandable picture diagram assembly instructions.
2. Most users agreed that the Schwinn 120 Upright Exercise Bike operates quietly, which is considered as one of the most important features for indoor cycles.
3. The frame is sturdy and solid, and many posted raves for the bike’s effective resistance system.
4. It comes at a very affordable price considering the set of features the bike has.
1. There were mixed reviews in terms of the seat comfort, but there were more users that said sitting on the bike can get uncomfortable after 30 minutes or so.
Most recommend buying a separate cushion or gel pad.
2. Several users said that the Schwinn 120 Upright Exercise Bike is not tall people-friendly.
Meaning, if you’re just a few inches short of 6 feet, you might not have such a comfortable riding experience because your knees may hit the handlebars.
3. A lot of the user reviews also showed complaints about the foot straps hitting the axle when you pedal.
4. There were also complaints about the user interface on the console, saying it’s hard to navigate and you have to press a lot of buttons just to program your workout. Conclusion
Based on the user reviews, it’s safe to say that the only thing cheap about the Schwinn 120 Upright Exercise Bike is the price.
It’s compact, easy to assemble and transport, operates quietly, and has a stable and sturdy build. However, you may want to purchase a gel pad or install a different seat on the bike as many users said that the seat is uncomfortable and too firm.
There were also frequent complaints on the pedal straps being too wide and can’t be tightened enough to prevent them from hitting the axle while pedaling.
But all in all, the Schwinn 120 Upright Exercise Bike is still a good still for its price. It does exactly what it’s supposed to do, which is offer users a good and challenging workout right in the comfort of their own homes.